- Video 1: Receiving an Invitation and Setting up an Account
- Video 2: Updating Your Account Profile
- Video 3: Reviewing the Teaser Page
- Video 4: Reviewing the Virtual Data Room and Downloading Documents
Video 1: Receiving an Invitation and Setting up an Account
- Open the email invitation to review the offering, If you already have an account, click Sign In.
- If you do not have an account, click Review.
- You will be brought to the Sign Up for an Account screen.
- Input your first name, last name and a password of appropriate strength. Click Register.
- You will be brought to a Log In screen, log in with your newly created credentials.
- Once you have logged in you will be asked to provide a verification code. A code will be sent to your email. Copy and paste the code and click Confirm.
- Now you have access to the offering. Feel free to explore the Teaser, the Virtual Data Room, and update your Profile. We will talk about all these topics throughout the rest of this video series.
Video 2: Updating your user profile
- Once you are in the offering page you will see a small Icon of a person (avatar) in the upper right corner. Click that Icon.
- A drop down will appear. The options are Profile and Logout. Click Profile.
- This will bring you to your Profile.
- Input your information, such as your address, phone number, registered representative CRD, etc.
- You will not be able to change your Brokerage CRD, Brokerage Name, or email as these will be permanently connected to your account.
- You can add information about an administrative assistant, if you have one.
- To navigate to the Teaser, click the Home button in the upper right corner. This will bring you to the Offering List page.
- Click the offering and you will be brought back to the Teaser.
Video 3: Reviewing the Teaser Page
- You can navigate throughout the Offering pages via the Top Navigation Bar.
- You are brought first to the Teaser.
- The Teaser holds the broad details of the offering. All more specific offering details and documentation will be held in the Virtual Data Room.
- Details include a description of the offering, the offering type, minimum investment, and capital type.
- There are several potential segments that could be in the Teaser. Some common segments include offering overview, strategy, and team.
- Other segments may be included depending on how the managing broker-dealer wants to present the offering.
Video 4: Reviewing the Virtual Data Room and Downloading Documents
- As mentioned the best way to navigate through the offering pages is using the Top Navigation Bar. So click Virtual Data Room button.
- The Virtual Data Room is where all offering documents are stored and accessed.
- You can preview documents by clicking on the Name of each document and a small preview window will appear.
- You can select each document individually by clicking the small Box next to each document. You can select all the documents by clicking the Box next to title.
- Once all the documents you want to download are selected, click Download.
- The documents will download as a zip file, you can open that zip file and view the documents. Usually the documents will be PDFs, but some documents could be PNGs or JPEGs.
- When you view the documents you will see the a watermarked time stamp, revision number, and your email at the bottom of each page.
- All representatives must download the Offering Memorandum and the Subscription Agreement. Once you download these documents the date of download will appear in the downloaded column.
- Documents in the Virtual Data Room are meant to be confidential. Storage in the Virtual Data Room is encrypted. Representatives given access to these documents are expected to use discretion when sharing these documents.
That concludes our introductory Registered Representative series, Thank You for watching. For our Tutorial Series covering the Subscription Tab and how to subscribe an investor click here.